Iola next week end

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

bandman

Iola next week end

Post by bandman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:21 pm

Hi,

I just discoved this site and I was interested in finding out how many Wisconsinites will be attending the Iola Car Show..

I will not be bringing my '72 Road Runner. I did bring it about 8 years ago after a fresh paint job and I just couldn't keep spectators hands off of the new paint (ahhhrgg). Any ways its been a long time since I have seen any 71-72 Road Runners at the show.

From what I've seen we are few and far between.

Bandman

1972RM23
GTX (RS)

Post by 1972RM23 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:26 pm

Bandman ...do you live in Wisconsin? If so I'm a fellow Wisonsinite and fellow 1972 Road Runner owner!
I live in Racine and usually go to Iola but have never brought my 1972 Road Runner there.
I have not gone to Iola the last few years due to the Belvidere Mopar show is usually the same weekend. This year it's not but I'm not sure I'm going to Iola.
I will for sure go to Belvidere, Illinois Mopar show ......tons of 71-74 Plymouth b-bodies there (we have our own class!).
Usually a dozen or more 71-74 Plymouths!
Here's my 1972 Road Runner .....Would love to see yours!
Steve
1972 Road Runner N96 EV2

bandman

Post by bandman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:31 pm

RM23 that is one beautiful ride you have! I would love to see it in person one day.

I am from Wisconsin and will be going to Iola on Saturday if the weather is good. Otherwise Sunday will have to work. I will not be bringing my car this year, but next year maybe.

I have not heard of the other car show you are refering to. Where is it and when is it? My wife and I usually go to Mopar Nats, but not for the last 2 years. Next year we might even take the Road Runner if I decide to take out the 3.91 rear gears for a couple of days.

If I can figure out how to download my picture I will post my car with details later tonight.

Bandman

1972RM23
GTX (RS)

Post by 1972RM23 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:33 pm

Great to see another fellow Wisconsinite a meber of the RRNest!
I think there are 5 of us!

The show I was talking about is held In Belvidere, Illinois (Rockford, Ill.) at the Boone County Fairgroungs. July 16 & 17 (I go on Sunday)

Here's a link to a flyer:
http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/events/ ... pening.jpg

It's put on by the Chicagoland Mopar Club and is a semi/national event/show 400+ cars!
I will post a few photo's from last years show.
Regarding posting photo's ... you need to off site host photo's and link them.
If you need help ...email them to me and I'll post them.
I would love to see your 72' RR!

Steve
1972 Road Runner N96 EV2